Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How do you feel when people here misinterpret what you say and go off on a rant based on that misconception?

Amused.How do you feel when people here misinterpret what you say and go off on a rant based on that misconception?
One thing I have noticed is that it is difficult to ask a neutral question here. Folks always assume you have an agenda. I tend to ask questions without a single 'right' answer. If most people don't get it, I figure I've worded the question poorly. If one or two misunderstand I just give a mental shrug and accept it as inevitable. I've had Christians accuse me of being an atheist and atheists call me a fundie (among other, more amusing, things). Being misunderstood is just part of the price you pay for being here, I guess.





peaceHow do you feel when people here misinterpret what you say and go off on a rant based on that misconception?
Kind of amused, actually. I have a lot of hate mail from atheists going on and on and on about how stupid I am for being a Christian (I'm not a Christian). They assume that because I disagreed with them in some way, I must be a Christian.


If you're going to throw your childish ad hominem attacks at me and insult my religion because you don't like my opinion, then at least be sure you are mocking the correct religion, otherwise you will look like a complete idiot and I will laugh at you.
It can be a bit annoying (or amusing, depending upon the rant). But I've got to admit that I've actually done it to other people, so I can't say too much about it. I did it recently. I totally misunderstood a question (it was too early in the morning), and I went off on some bizarre tangent. It took me about 10 minutes to realize that I'd made a complete *** of myself. It happens.
Well at least my perception of their questions has caused them to en-quire internally and to look elsewhere for the answer. I doubt ';they go off in a rant'; as you put it. More a shock to their belief system! Besides if you don't ask you will not be given, and if you do not seek you will not find. And you certainly will not find ';Answers in either Materialism nor Dope';. Truth is hidden and to perceive its knowledge/teaching then you must cast aside all that you ';think is reality';. Personally I enjoy a good debate, far better letting loose a sewer of rats than containing them, and so too ';thoughts'; . Especially ';thought-forms'; now they can do damage.
A lot of people aren't here to help or be truthful at all, because they are angry, because they are cowards, and they rant just to release their pitiful emotions. It is sad to see so many callous and bored people.
I feel it's very funny. They have no idea what they're talking about but are getting worked up over it. Sometimes I wonder if they actually understand what it's all about but are trying to be funny.
I usually expect it, even if I word my questions as neutral as possible. I don't mind it so much on here, but in person... I can think of few things that are more frustrating.
It happens to me everyday.





I feel sad because I feel that I made a good point, yet this point never got through to the reader.
Laughter is the best medicine they say.





Though you do have to shake your head and start over from the beginning really.
I don't take this forum seriously enough to get in a twist over anything that happens here.
Not really interested.
';Typical.';





Then I go on to the next question.








Have a blessed day.
More confident.
Usually amused, especially when it's Truth Train. This atheist loves her posts.
i feel like a powder keg with a lite fuse. Just kidding, it's more like amazed and lmao.
I feel like leaping through their computer and punching them in the face.
god damned frustrated.





I have to actually add in details explaining the question in a more detailed manner.





90% of the time, THEISTS don't understand.
Happens every day, I don't care anymore
I can't believe you just insulted Christians like that.
I have the power to not pick that answer as BA.


I feel god-like.





edit: of course, I design my questions for any sort of interpretation. There is no wrong answer for me, imo. Unless I'm asking something specific.
Yeah that can be pretty annoying.
I try to be more clear the next time. I don't let it upset me.
quite annoyed, honestly.
i feel like someone needs a spankin
I don't think they pay much attention to what I say.


t

No comments:

Post a Comment