Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Why are people rant about teen moms?

I deleted my question beause there were so many rude answers. So I will ask it again. I know some teen moms who actually pass school. Some actually try to beat the statistics. Can't everyone be nice and stop being rude?Why are people rant about teen moms?
i agree with you. sometimes yes it is out of hand. but there are alot of teen mothers who make wonderful parents. alot of people get mad and say its their tax money that is paying for it. but what do they think if there werent teen pregnancy there taxes would go down%26gt; ha not. the government would just find something else to spend the money on. what about the ';adults'; that get government assistance and just play the system....is it ok for them cause they arent a teenager? or what about all the immigrants that dont work and get everything handed to them....they just keep popping em out and getting more assistance. do they ever teach their kids work ethics or for that matter english? no.....





edit. to chriswwife......you think people need to be married just to be good parents....ha thats the funniest thing i have ever heard. what about the married couples that beat the **** out of each other in front of their kids....or their own kids for that matter. being married has nothing to do with how good of a parent someone is.....





edit: i just re read my answer and im not trying to say that being a teen mom is a good thing and that they all make good parents but the ones who do get a bad rap for what everyone else does. everyone has their own situation and shouldnt be judged based on what another teen girl did to screw up her childs life. but steryotypes are a big thing in this country.Why are people rant about teen moms?
I am very supportive of teen mums who take responsibility and work hard to make a life for themselves. I have never been rude on here about them as a generalisation and don't feel the need to be.





While the minority do work hard to make a good life for their children, the cost to society for those who do not and those who continue to take support from the government and tax payers weighs heavily on those people who have children later on and work hard to provide for their children.





I provide support in the UK to young single mothers who are waiting to be housed by the council. Sometimes their expectations are unrealistic and seem very unfair when I have to work for the things I want in my family's life (TV, washing machine, etc.).





I don't get any handouts (apart from Child Benefit at 18.20 per week once my baby is born). Some mothers I meet have a disposable income which is higher than mine - why is that fair when I have to work so hard for the money I earn?





As I said, I don't make generalisations as a rule but it seems really unfair at times and worry that the 'benefits generation' will continue to claim benefits without considering who is actually going to pay for it. It is unsustainable and they are not benefitting in the long run as they are not developing skills to work later in life.
yes some can. most don't. i know a teen mother who had her first at 16 then had two more right after. went onto college, got married to the father, brought a nice house, everything's great. but the fact is MOST teens aren't like that. MOST teen mothers end like a statistic. so yeah, i respect people who have their kids and do their best, but it really, really irks me when idiots who can barely take care of themselves gleefully leap into motherhood. because even if they do grow up and mature eventually, the kid had to suffer for the first few years of their life waiting until their mother (and usually only mother, very seldom do teen dads stay) grows up. but yeah, some people know that they want to be young mothers and that's it and they get married asap and go for it and that's it for them.
1. Don't ask the question if you are not prepared for real answers.


2. Yes most mom's do pass school whether they are 13 or 90. But most mom's who are not teens who are going to school are also working and paying for school with their own money.


3. I don't mind teen moms what angers me and most of the rest of the world is when I have to pay for the teen moms food clothing, rent, education etc. Not saying by any stretch of the imagination that you are on welfare or other programs for help with school or your kid but MOST teen moms are.


I myself am a single mom with NO child support. I have my own car, house and pay my bills, I have no help from the government and don't wish any. So it pisses me off when I have to pay for other people as well.





I am glad that you are passing school and things are going well just don't as the world to feel sorry for you or give you anything! Prove the jerks wrong by doing it yourself with the help of your family only.
What i dont understand is that people are so against abortions (im pro-choice, its up to that person) but when a teen gets pregnant and is keeping it, its like they suddenly forget that if that person would have asked 'should i have an abortion?' they would say 'no, keep it or give him/her up for adoption' and they would actually encourage her to accept her responsibilities but they forget about that don't they when they are telling a girl how disgusting they are, how unlikely they are to ever achieve anything in life or be a good parent.





What a shame the world cant unite and accept and help one another rather than judge and hate.
I'm going to say the facts here, and you need to know there are some exceptions, and some GREAT teenage moms. They are the exception. Even though many love their children, overall, there are many more of them per 100 mothers that are on welfare/food stamps/HUD housing/medicaid and other tax supported programs, because these young mother have not had time to get good jobs. Their bodies haven't fully had the time to develop before they get pregnant, and emotionally, they've not had the experience and the confidence to deal with life.
Yes, some teen moms beat the odds. Most don't.





Most of the 'rants' I have seen are in response to girls asking if it's a good idea to get pregnant at 13 or 15 or 16. And the answer they get is that NO, it's not a good idea.





Intentionally getting pregnant while in high school is NEVER a good thing. It usually results in a ruined future for mother and child alike.





As for accidental pregnancies -- yes, they happen. But they happen far more often than they should. Used carefully and correctly, birth control is VERY effective. So when I read a post from a girl who thinks she is pregnant even though 'he pulled out' or because 'I forgot to take my pills for week' or 'we thought I was on my safe time' ... that isn't a 'mistake' -- that's negligence and willful ignorance. There is a TON of information available on birth control. (The internet is great for that sort of thing.) Condoms are available at any grocery store. Hormonal birth control is available from woman's health clinics everywhere. So why do we see here, at LEAST a dozen times a day, questions from teens wondering if 'pulling out' works, or asking if they can get pregnant from unprotected sex on X, Y or Z point in their cycle.


If a girl (or boy) isn't responsible/mature enough to take basic responsibility for her own health and future, how do you expect her to be mature enough to be able to care for a baby?
Why don't you just admit that not every teen is a ';success'; at having a baby. However, not every adult is either. It's not just teens, it's adults, too. Why are you so dead set on proving everyone wrong? People are going to be rude no matter what you say or do, they have their opinions and everyone has a right to voice them. You however have the right of ignoring them and listening to your own beliefs.
You had so many rude answers because of they way you formed your question. This way is better, doesn't sound like a rant. And yes, I agree. I have several friends who were teen moms also and they went on to college and got great jobs. Have been able to support their family on their own with or without a spouse or help from their parents. The one thing that drives me nuts is when people assume they are keeping the baby so they can treat it like a doll. Their is a huge difference in taking care of baby and a doll. And yes, it really is fun being able to dress your child up. I have a 1 year old and am due with my second on the 28th. Doesn't mean i think my children are dolls. My husband even likes picking outfits out for our daughters.
My personal opinion is that people talk bad about other people and judge them because they have their own issues. I got pregnant when I was 15..The night I lost my virginity! I told my mom and my family and they were behind me, but not everyone was. I love n a small town and I never realised how mean people could be. I was so excited and I delivered him at 20 weeks and he didn't make it! I'm not saying that I think teenagers should go out and TRY to get pregnant, but if they do and they can be responsible enough to raise that baby then that should be NO ONE elses business. I am also not saying that I want my 15 year old daughter to come home pregnant, but if she does..The last thing I will do is critisise her! They need love and support way more than they need to hear that they messed up! No matter what the age..No baby is a mistake..It's a blessing!
Honestly, since I personally have seen the effects of an unwed mother, both teen or otherwise, I know that it is not in the child's interest. Children NEED a nuclear family to really have the best possible chance in life.


I try NOT to be rude (unless the questioner is being blatantly stupid or something) but I will be HONEST (which can be offensive to some people, and thanks to the internet, you can't tell what a person's tone is)...
I had my son at 19 and was going to college. I knew it would be difficult to raise a baby, work and go to school. I stop going to school for a semester. I couldn't always come to class, so I decided to get my degree online. I did not want to throw away my dreams all because I had a baby. There are so many options for young mothers, especially the ones that are in school, to still get a education. Having my child did not stop me from continuing to earn my degree, but made me twice as eager to graduate from college. I want to give my baby a good life!!!


This world isn't perfect, there are going to be people that have something to say, like they know everything. Just keep on doing what or are doing and show that you are not a statistic.
i'm a teen mom and i'm beating the odds and doing what i have to do and i'm proud of myself and my lil baby:-) i can care less what other people say whether they're nice comments or not so nice comments...don't worry about the buttholes and just do what you gotta do:-) YAY FOR TEEN MOMMIES!!!!
I know a girl who got pregnant the first time she had sex at age 15. She still graduated, a year early and was valedictorian. My best friend had a baby when she was 17 and still graduated college and is now a teacher.
If you're the same person i answered before, I didn't mean to be rude.





And what I said was based on statistics, not my opinion.





http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion…
there are a lot of pregnant gils in my school who go to class normally. i give them a lot of credit for keeping the bab and taking the responsibility
Yeah i know, leave em alone already.
im 15 years old, and i thought i was pregnant about 2 months ago, prolly less---and it was scary, but i kno that if i woulda had a baby that i would have done my very best to take care of it...it was not responsible of me to have sex if i cant deal with the consequences of having a baby, but the world isnt perfect! and i know for sure that if i would have been prego %26amp; i told my exboyfriend, he would have fleed as soon as i told him. he would NOT have stepped up to his responsibility. that SUCKS! it went like this: his name is mark %26amp; he's 17, im 15, my names sydney. and he was my first boyfriend...i was so scared of having sex!!! i thought i would NEVER get over it...but after 5 weeks of dating, i became so close with him %26amp; i lost my virginity to him. we started having sex a few times a week 4 at most--and then 4 weeks later, from the date that i lost my virginity, he cheated on me, so we broke up...i was late on my period...and i kept him updated on how things were going, but that was basically the only reason i would talk to him. days went by faster and faster, and before i knew it, i was 2 weeks late. and then i asked my bff if she would drive me to cvs so i could get a 2 pack of prego tests...so i took one after we went back 2 her house. results= negative. but i was still unsure!!! so the next morning, i took the second one results= negative. i still couldnt believe it...days still passed and i was still late...then the 23rd day came...and my period finally came! i was so happy bc i knew that there was gonna be no easy way for letting basically everyone i know, see that i was pregnant, as i got bigger! including my family. but im glad that i wasnt pregnant because my exbf would have ran away from all of it, and i woulda been left alone. except i do kno that all of my true friends would have stuck right beside me!!! i have many good friends and my very best friend jessica would have been right there besides me the entire time through the 9 months to help me out. not to mention after the birth. we are so close that my baby would have been callin her aunt jessica! so im glad that i hav friends that would stick by my side...but lets be completely truthful--a lot of kids that get pregnant as a teenager, is an accident and most of them would be awful mothers...so yes i think ppl need to stop talkin so much crap about teens that get pregnant but sometimes they deserve it...but im not one to judge any teen moms especially ones that are my age (15!) because that was almost how my life turned out...

No comments:

Post a Comment