Thursday, July 29, 2010

Anyone else find it interesting that when you disagree with someones views they rant and attack you?

I noticed this last night i disagreed on something and i was attacked and many others were as well. I just laughed at them because if you are going to attack someone for not agreeing with your views then i think that is rather pathetic immature and petty personally. Has anyone else noticed this?Anyone else find it interesting that when you disagree with someones views they rant and attack you?
Hows your son?





I agree completely, we (as we are the only ones here that would ever admit to leaving children in hospital, and even though it was years ago for me and weeks for you, the question can only have been about us) were personally attacked again the other night for leaving our children in hospital, when I faught back I was accused of being up myself and living in a bubble.





If somebody has nothing better to do than fight with you through a screen I feel for them, I really do.





However, the peanut ban, it's not a big deal really, just make the children wait until after school for their peanut hit. Their need for a PB%26amp;J sandwich or a reese's cup does not trump another childs need for oxygen.Anyone else find it interesting that when you disagree with someones views they rant and attack you?
No

Report Abuse



You aren't the only one who was attacked, but I understand what you are saying.





Apparently I'm ';only pro-life when the kids are in the womb, once they are born you don't care if the kid dies from their peanut allergy because your kid wants to eat a PB%26amp;J';.





Real nice of that person, right?





I even stated quite clearly I understand both sides of the debate, however I choose the side that looks at reality (peanuts are everywhere and banning them in only one place is pointless). You cannot protect your kids all the time, but you can teach your kids to take the proper precautions to keep themselves safe.








Either way I think it's childish to take cheap shots at a person's character (someone you don't even personally know) just because they do not see eye to eye with you.
It is kind of interesting that this kind of thing continues to happen. I belong to some reading and theory groups. We meet and talk about different concepts and such. If some one in the group disagrees with the rest, we listen and talk it through because there are times when someones idea or theory is actually better than the majority. It pays to listen and learn from everyone.





There are times when we converse that the person with the disagreement just doesn't understand where the rest of us are coming from so it still pays to talk through stuff.





I think the ranters and ravers are mostly young and uneducated and single minded. I don't think they are necessarily dumb or anything like that. I think they just haven't learned yet to listen to others. You can learn something from everyone you meet.
I saw that question, and I didn't see anyone being personally attacked.





I was surprised though that many who answered that question didn't know that a person can have a reaction (a serious one) by just being in the vicinity of a peanut.
I wasn't on last night so I must have missed whatever happened but in any case....








you think peanut butter should be allowed and if a child dies because of it, oh well at least your child got to eat peanut butter?





Sounds to me like you are doing the same thing here....making a post to put down those who think a peanut ban is a good idea to protect children. You act as if the fact that a child could die means nothing. Keeping a child safe is catering to them? wow





I'm not sure whether your question is about being attacked, or if it's about a peanut ban.
Some people are on this site because they have very little chance to be heard and appreciated. This is their soap box. You're right, it is quite immature and petty, but it is the way things are for some people. Look at how some people view politics; if you don't agree with their political opinions, then you are unpatriotic. Or parenting: ';If you don't breastfeed/do breastfeed, do/don't have a family bed, stay at home/go to work';, you're not as good of a parent as they are. People fail to realize that we don't all have to agree, but we do need to respect differences of opinion. Civility has been lost in our society. Our society has become like an elementary school playground. ';If you don't agree with me, then I won't play with you. You can't be part of our club. pfffffttttt'; It's a form of bullying. YA is a reflection of the people you meet on the street. There are all types.





So don't take it too seriously. I don't.
Its sad some people can't learn to just listen to others' opinions and to respond with an appropriate manner, no one said they had to agree. If I was in your position, I would have done the same thing and laughed it off.


And aren't you suppose to develop listening skills in elementary school?


And what is the point of debates if everyone agrees with each other?
I watched the board the whole day yesterday.... the general mood and subject seemed to go from : mindless idiots will listen to Obama's speech on Tuesday------------%26gt;kids who don't have peanut allergies should have equal rights with kids who do--------------------%26gt;we live in a third-reich, communist country because of the peanut bans .





Tensions were very very high yesterday.








Have a good day.


; )
welcome to the super information highway! come one come all. bring your opinions and views with you. your insight might not be what im looking for but ill take it i guess if i have to then i will ridicule you for it! by the way thanks for replying,not!





its always a risk when you do answer something anywhere on an open forum,there's always gonna be that one.





good luck and much happiness to you on your adventures of web communications:)
ive noticed that too,its just the simple minded people doing that,they know they can hide behind a computer and talk mess because they hate their lives and nobody can do anything to them! ha its sad really..oh and they do the same thing when you disagree about baby names too..no lives lol
yes. this happened to me too. i answered a question giving my view point and another answerer got incredibly offended and wrote a HUGE thing going off on me for something that wasn't meant to be offensive or anything. THEN this person went on to find a question I had asked and did the same thing there to be sure i saw. so silly. some people need to get a life :)
I don't know who you're talking about, because I've been on this thing since 4 am, ain't no telling who I have attacked, since I'm tired as crap from working, and still at working, and now I'm dosing in and out of sleep.
Yes it is horrible . I admit I do that sometimes but I try REALLY hard not to . The only reason why I lash out at people on here is if they are Trolls and want to ruin my day which most of them do .Is your son doing better?? I added you to . I hope your son is doing better after his surgery .
I'm attacking you because we must disagree about something.





I'm really just not very good at this sort of thing.


Sorry about that.
yeah, i disgree with many things said on this site


and i always get stupid emails about it too


they can't handle different opinions


oh well
It seems to me that this rant resembles an attack.
I'm not sure what you are speaking of but it seems silly to ';address'; it in this manner.
avoid this kind of person. make better choices when choosing people you surround yourself with.
Now look what you did - this got them back on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment