Thursday, July 29, 2010

Anyone want to rant bout the new Cirque Du Freak movie compared to the book?

I think the trailer looks pretty suckish compared to the 12 book series by darren shan, (which are like my all time favorite books) I read the books this summer and have wanting a movie to come out ever since. Now I am pretty bummed out. ):Anyone want to rant bout the new Cirque Du Freak movie compared to the book?
Me and my little sister are reading these books now. I'm on the sixth one right now and I love them. The movie trailer surprised me because it looks like they've taken a more humourous approach to the series. The books are darker and more serious, despite being a children's series. To be honest, when I found out that the movie was being Americanised and had an American cast, I knew it wouldn't be the same as the books. The American book and movie industry likes to dumb everything down for children and sanitise everything.





The trailer did disappoint me a little, but I got over it. When I see movie adaptations of things I love, I try not to compare them to the books as I know I'll only be disappointed. I guess I can deal with a different take on the series, though I'd prefer it was still a little dark. The Dark Knight was a completely different take on the Batverse, but everyone loves that movie. Though I suppose this is different because from dark to comedy is a serious turn. I'm still looking forward to the movie; for a movie adaptation that has been completely changed, it still looks like a good movie. I've also heard that the movie actually is darker than the trailers let on, so I'll have to watch it to find out myself.





The only thing that really annoys me is Rebecca, who I hear is some sort of monkey girl or something. It seems like she has replaced Debbie, and I don't understand why this was done. What's worse is that I also heard that they were planning on putting Debbie in a later movie due to the complaints, which I think would make it worse given that Debbie isn't a part of the story in later books. Then again, that could be all wrong, and I hope it is.Anyone want to rant bout the new Cirque Du Freak movie compared to the book?
i just saw it wow they messed it all up


actors are no good and well im really disapointed its really boring bad quality poor actors not even scary its more like suckish comedy also when mr crespley tastes steve's blood he doesnt suck his neck he just tastes and said it all boring ';your blood is evil'; then he told him to leave. also mr crespleys friend wasnt supposed to be there or be mean he was supposed to be nice. worst movie i ever saw. also yes i spent 20 dollars for nothing watching it
4 out of 5 to rate it. and the movie is NOTHING like the books! The movie is awesome though. It's really funny too!
yaa imma go see it tonightt but it lookz like they crammed all 12 bookz into one movie and tatz just crazyy

No comments:

Post a Comment