Thursday, July 29, 2010

How can I charge my Samsung Rant SPH-M540 while camping with no access to outlet/car/computer?

I'm gonna be going camping over the summer, and it's vital that I have my phone available if an emergency arises whether at the camp site, or at home with my son.


I've been looking up some different emergency phone charging products, but I have no idea whether these will be compatible with my phone.


SO.. anyone have any suggestions?How can I charge my Samsung Rant SPH-M540 while camping with no access to outlet/car/computer?
Keep the phone off until you have an emergency. Chances are you wont have reception anyway so you`re phone is going to drian its battery searching for a signal. If there`s a real emergency at home (not: oh we`re outta TP or do you know where...is) they`re reach you one way or another. Leave your itinerary at home and with a neighbor, with directions where you are the places you`ll be at etc so they can find you. If you`re doing some real camping or even if your located behind mtns or in a valley you generally wont have cell reception. Some small towns dont even have cell reception, if you`re a good ways from any city you`ll generally lose reception. Cell phones really are a false sense of security bc they are unreliable.





Otherwise you`ll have to get a solar charger and hope its sunny. Just google solar chargers and see what you get. Obviously you get what you pay for so a really cheap charger will take forever to charge it whereas a really good solar charger will do it in a decent amount of time.How can I charge my Samsung Rant SPH-M540 while camping with no access to outlet/car/computer?
Im with beach bum. I just spent a week backpacking an only turned my phone on for a few minutes each night just to check my text messages from my wife. The battery lasted the full seven days.





the solar panel idea is great as well. You could still charge the phone in the event of a natural disaster.
at cabalas or bass pro you can get a 5 watt solar charger that will charge your phone.
Keep your phone off until you need it and you might be able to get some kind of solar charger but I dont know.

No comments:

Post a Comment