Sunday, August 22, 2010

How long does it take you to wrtie a poem ? Let`s say up 4 or 5 verses or one big rant?

Depends on the poem, although I haven't written any for a while. Still, when I did...





Sometimes I had to work to compose a poem. I had the shape and meaning of it, but had to build up the words. This could take anything from twenty minutes to a couple of months for four or five stanzas. I once spent about four months on a poem of 106 lines (no stanzas).





But there were others that arrived in my head fully formed. All I had to do was remember them long enough to write them down. Those, of course, were the best.How long does it take you to wrtie a poem ? Let`s say up 4 or 5 verses or one big rant?
I carry a notepad as the ideas come when THEY feel like making an appearance, not to my schedules.





I have written half a dozen verses in as many minutes before now and other times it can take a day to get one verse right.





I take it as it comes and just enjoy the sensation when everything is flowing.How long does it take you to wrtie a poem ? Let`s say up 4 or 5 verses or one big rant?
It depends, actually. There are some times when you're full of emotion and words come flying to your mind. I don't know if that happens to anybody but it happens to me. These bursts go for about 10-30 minutes. %26gt;_%26lt; Sometimes, a few ideas pop and then stop. Unable to continue writing, the whole poem ends up in trash - unfinished. So, it really depends.
Quite a while but it should be about how good it is not how quickly you can write it.
10 minutes tops, but mine are crap.
usually about 5-20 minutes for the good ones.
5 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment