Sunday, August 22, 2010

This is not good enough Royal Mail rant?

A birthday card containing a small monitory gift fails to arrive.


Three weeks later the birthday girl gets a “fee to pay” notice regarding the long delayed card.


It is obvious that the elderly lady, who has used the service for the best part of 100 years, has become confused by the weight/size charging structure.








Should I just pay with a smile?This is not good enough Royal Mail rant?
Yeah just pay it, I've done that many times, had something sent to me and i get a letter from the royal mail saying i've gotta pay £1 + and pick this up from the office, and i'm like well why do i have 2 pay for someone elses mistake? or the PO's mistake for not putting the right amount of stamps etc on it?This is not good enough Royal Mail rant?
Yes...its not post offices fault not paid enough postage...put up and pay.
You shouldn't pay it all.





2 weeks ago my Mum got a similiar note from Royal Mail. When she went to the Post Office to see what is was, it turned out to be a Birthday Card from her Sister - it was well within the price of the stamp for the weight/size. My Mum refused to pay the handling charge, as for the past 20 years the Postmen have been shoving letters for houses a mile away through our door.
They should make it clearer for everyone. Every time I post anything I have to ask if it's ok under the new regs and they look at me like I'm retarded .
It seems unfair in this instance but where do you draw the line? Would you go into a supermarket and refuse to pay the difference when something goes up in price even though you've shopped there for years? I work in a post office and hear instances like this every day. Unfortunately, even though we are trained to ask questions and educate the customer, there will always be the odd few who don't do their job properly.
If the lady is really elderly I can understand how a mistake like that can happen, what I would do is go along to the Post Office to collect the letter and explain the circumstances, but be prepared to have to smile and pay up.

No comments:

Post a Comment